Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed

Recently upgraded broadband from 350mb to 500, due to working from home more, even got boosters thrown in. Since switching over and installing boosters, our speed and broadband is terrible. Our speed when checked on speedtest, is running the lowest its ever done, lucky to get over 100mb!!!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed

Which Hub do you have ?

………………………………………………………………………..

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi. 

We have the hub 3.  The speed test was done on my phone, on the app virgin media told me to use.

Not got that cable but will try to locate one to test via that way.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi costellobunch,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some issues with your speed,

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see you're currently affected by an area SNR issue.

The estimated fix time is 26th November, during this time you may find your services are intermittent.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We should have had an engineer attended on the 19th November to replace our cable from main box to our home. Never happened, no told no one available till 2nd December. Totally disgusting....that fed up with Virgin Media and their excuses, we are gonna cancel everything with them. 🤬🤬

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry you feel this way costellobunch,

We would offer the earliest engineer visit we can, I'm sorry we can't get anyone out to you sooner.

If you did wish to go ahead and cancel your services you would need to speak to the team on 150/ 0345 454 1111 or you can text us on +44753 305 1809/

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos