Menu
Damienw
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed

My broadband keeps slowing down.  When I reboot I get 200mbps but after 24 hours or so it deteriorates to 30mbps.  Reboot and we are back to 200+ mbps and so we go on.  Speeds have been measured on Speed test.net and checked via a hardwired laptop.  No help offered from technical helpdesk.  Any ideas gratefully received.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed

Could you access your router using http://192.168.0.1/ or http://192.168.100.1 for modem mode . You shouldn't need log in, select the 'Check Router Status' option and paste your 'Downstream', 'Upstream', and 'Network Log' tabs? Please copy/paste this data as text, split between multiple posts (Sometimes you have to click 'Post' twice due to an error message).

Could you please create a BQM (Broadband Quality Monitor) here, and post the live link?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Damienw,

Thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having speed issues with the broadband service, how are things looking at the moment?

Can you tell me if you've seen an improvement in the service or if this is still on going?

Looking at the stats of the hub and everything appears to be within spec

Kindest regards,

David

0 Kudos
Damienw
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi David.  Thanks for getting back to me.  I still have the same problem - around 30mbps download and 20 mbps upload - unless I reboot every day or so.  Can't be bothered to do that and do not have the technical knowledge to do the things asked for earlier.  In the absence of any help from the technical support line or recognition that I have a problem, I think I my as well switch provider in the hope of getting something more reliable.  Shame, as I have been with Virgin for a long time.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Damienw wrote:

Hi David.  Thanks for getting back to me.  I still have the same problem - around 30mbps download and 20 mbps upload - unless I reboot every day or so.  Can't be bothered to do that and do not have the technical knowledge to do the things asked for earlier.  In the absence of any help from the technical support line or recognition that I have a problem, I think I my as well switch provider in the hope of getting something more reliable.  Shame, as I have been with Virgin for a long time.

If you can't be bothered to help us, how do you expect us to help you?

0 Kudos