Menu
cestus
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed really slow

Hi Guys,

Firstly thanks for helping and making sure key workers can carry on working . Both my son and I work from home so we really rely on virgin . I have a 200 meg line but speeds are pretty terrible now . Fast.com reports me as 25 -30 mbps . I have rebooted my router , run the self tests which failed .etc. Contact details on the site have moved and  I know many service centres have had to close . Would it be possible to get some help 

Many thanks

Wayne

Steve_O1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband speed really slow

Hi,

If you could private message me your account number and site/area reference number I can look into this for you! Be sure not to send them openly on the forum!

Thanks,
Steve
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician currently working from home. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know you can get £50 off your bill for referring friends and family to Virgin Media? Want to know more? Just drop me a message!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Jozinho
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Experiencing the same. It's not even moderately acceptable.

Perfectly place Hub, rebooted regularly. Hardwired and WiFi connections both receiving 6-7 MPBS regularly now on speedtest.net

I pay for a 200MBPS service. I'd almost accept 25MBPS right now!!

If this isn't improved Virgin media then I will be forced to request a commensurate refund for my 2000 MBPS service charges to a level you are providing, whilst I look for an alternative service provider who will deliver on the speeds they quote.

I'd expect slightly slower speeds during this time as everyone is home using devices...but 6 out of 200 (the best I've ever actually hit is 157 MBPS) is frankly embarrassing and you should be ashamed of your service provision!!

MarkyMark0
Tuning in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Agony isn't it , im on 350 meg BB and im getting 1.17 dl speeds !!! and the kids need to be online for school work which is now impossible, quick enough to take my £100 each month though 

lucan07
Dialled in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Snip20200426_1.pngWould be nice to get anything to use

JC31
Joining in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Appreciate everyone is working hard to keep the network going.  I'm on M70 package and getting sub 10Mbps speeds.  spent hours trying to use on-line tools - just go around in circles. Tried calling 150 - gave up after an hour on hold.  Is there anyway I can get some support??

Thanks

0 Kudos
cestus
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully an eng will get hold of you here . I am pretty much ready to file an ofcom complaint I cant work from home as the dropouts are so constant now it is beyond a joke

0 Kudos
JC31
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

agree, I also work from home and need to use webex & teams but miss half the conversation.

I hope we both get it resolved.

Good luck and keep safe.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon 

Thanks for your posts on our Community Forum!

We would advise attempting a Pin Hole Reset on the hub. This will return the hub to it's factory settings but can help customers resolve their broadband issues.

It would also be worthwhile to check the Service Status Checker

This will advise you of any outages and will give you an estimated fix time and date - or call our Service Status Line 0800 561 0061 for an update

If you're having issues with speed, we would advise running a speed test with the hub in modem mode and with a device connected via an Ethernet cable so we can see what speed we have entering your property

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I’d also suggest people start their own thread rather than hijacking on thread as it causes issues tracking who is dealing with who. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi