Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed low

I am sick and tired of being given the run around by Virgin Media. Since switching from the 350 Mbps speed to the new 500mbps broadband we have constantly recieved speeds less than 100mbps. We have reset the router every few days on average, had the system reset remotely several times, router replaced twice and an endless amount of lies from the technical and escalation teams. Tonight was no exception when we got escalated again to be told that the fault had been cleared and we had to wait 45 minutes and check again. This was just to get us of the phone. I think that either the home hub is not up to the speeds or the issue is between the street connection and the house. The problem is that Virgin expect customers to continue paying high prices for crap service. This is the last time I am raising this complaint before taking to the ombudsmen and demanding a full contract refund for the full extent of the fault. Until then I plan to stop the direct debit until they provide someone who `actually' knows what they are doing and puts the matter right for once instead of the constant stream of lies and deception. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed low

Which Hub do you have ?

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what does it report the 'connection speed’ as for the cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Buddy,

Yes mate I have tested at speedtest.net and ofcomtester and both refelect the same. Speed test is around 90mbps wired. After they reset the hub which I believe is the home hub 3 it momentarilly jumped up to around 250mbps and then dropped back out again within minutes. The problem is when we were on the 350mbps broadband we were receiving the speeds as advertised. Since going to the 500mbps the speed is chronic. I think that either the Hub is not up to the demand or there is an issue between the street box and the house or the house to the router?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what does it report the 'connection speed’ as for the cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos