cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed locked?

Magicpixie
Tuning in

Hi folks,

Apologies in advance for the Noddy question.  I am on the 500Mbps package however, when I ran speed tests after plugging in the SuperHub 5, I was getting speeds in the 350Mbps range constantly, via a wired connection.

When I checked the status page (I'm running in modem mode) the Acquired Downstream Channel is locked at 331000000.  

On the configuration page, my Max Traffic Rate for Primary Downstream Service Flow is 575000000. 

Should the Acquired Downstream Channel not also be 57500000 or am I misunderstanding what these figures are telling me?

Thanks is advance,

Rik.

6 REPLIES 6

carl_pearce
Community elder

A channel frequency has nothing to do with speed.

It's the traffic rate that shows the configured connection speed.

Cheers, much appreciated. 

Are you still getting lower than expected speeds? 

If you are, pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.  Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.

Hi Magicpixie thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're not getting the expected speeds via a wired connection. I would like to take a closer look at this on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks for getting back to me Magicpixie

I cannot find anything so far, which may be explaining your speeds.  I am making enquiries on your behalf and will get back to you.

Regards

Lee

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Magicpixie, thanks for your reply via PM today to Lee.

In response, that's great stuff, please keep us updated with how you get on later on today once the technician has visited!

Regards

Tom

Tom_W