Menu
Rory3
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed dropped

On the 10th Sept i had a major outage and didn't have internet for most of the evening.  

Now I have internet again but since then it has been considerably slower.  

I was in the 60-80 mark on the 100 speed plan but now it has dropped to 20-30 and seems intermittent.  

My area is EH13

Is there some fix happening to resolve this?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speed dropped

Are you connecting to the Hub with Wi-Fi or ethernet cable ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Rory3
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's generally wifi that i use and that was were i noticed the big drop recently.  

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You need to check your connection with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected.

This will tell you if you have a broadband supply problem or a local Wi-Fi problem

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos