cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband issues

Dear105
Joining in

Hi, for the past 2 weeks I’ve had intermittent broadband speed. I should be getting 250mb plus and I’ve got 17mbs today, this isn’t intermittent when I’ve had the issues for 2 weeks now. I’d like a refund and the issue resolved or the service removed. I’m at SW14 7PB, how can I get this resolved please?

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this...

First thing is to check for any “known network faults in your location - Look in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status)

2) Then also Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

Report back

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Always check the status! They say they have repaired it and bang, it lasts for 24hrs and down again! I’m getting just over 15mb now! Basically they are rubbish. Switched from BT and regretting this 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

So this is by wire to the hub?

---------------------------------------------------------------

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You need to say how you are measuring the speed. Wired or wireless? What devices? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Dear105, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your internet speed. Taking a look at things this end, I can see the hub isn't in a great shape. The signal levels are too low and the power being provided on both the upstream and downstream also needs adjusting. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs