Menu
samuelson93
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Broadband issue

Hi

I've been having issues with my broadband for more than a week, the service checker says that everything is good but when I call 03454541111 they says 'there is a problem in your Area'. 

I've been having random outages and poor broadband.

Screenshot_20200617-151623__01__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200617-151608__01.jpg

Screenshot_20200617-151559__01__01.jpg

Setup: super hub 3.0, 100mbps. Wireless and wired same issue

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband issue

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage", there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers 1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible, get a fault reference number – the UK call center is still picking up

A VM person can give you more info when they get here to pick this up.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
samuelson93
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Apparently the broadband in my area is down but it has been like this for nearly 12 days... And still no answer from them apart than "our engineers are working hard to fix the issue" ...

I think they should bring new engineers to fix it...

samuelson93
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Getting better ... Number 1 company Uk

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/7c4e798b903285db0a24e2e6a2f74a2b3a1a942d-18-06-2020

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Engineer resources are limited and it also depends what the issue is.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
samuelson93
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I can understand that but half a month trying to fix the issue... 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Define trying?

Have you been to site to see them only “trying”?

Half a month is no time at all - most fixes take much longer. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
samuelson93
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Go there to fix it and don't fix it. So they are teying but they can't.

First of all, 15 days are more than enough to fix any kind of issue even you can setup a new broadband system. Other than that, they told me yesterday 'Not got anything showing for your particular area at the moment' talking about issues for my area because it was working 'decent' but if you call them when there is an outage, they say ' complex issue in your area, we'll text you as soon as we fix it'. Anyway, that's not the main problem.

The problem starts when the customers have to keep paying the same amount for a service that you are not providing.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@samuelson93 wrote:

Go there to fix it and don't fix it. So they are teying but they can't.

First of all, 15 days are more than enough to fix any kind of issue even you can setup a new broadband system.

Are you a field network engineer?

You believe all network issues can be fixed within 15 days and you can also spin-up a whole new “broadband system”?

0 Kudos
samuelson93
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. Go to help others pls.

Other than that still paying for **bleep**ty service and its possible if your team is good enough and you want to

0 Kudos