Menu
Justinkbrown
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Broadband is slow

Hi have been having issues with by broadband for months but due to lockdown have not been able to report it via the call centre as the phone lines have over an hour wait and then I get cut off. Contacted VM via twitter and was advised I had to log my issue here. I have run speed tests and 12mb download speed is the best I am getting and I am on the 200mbs package. I have purchased a tenda nova mesh system to help increase the coverage in my house and that helped slightly but on the whole its no where near as fast as it was in my previous property and I am constantly buffering.

I have been on the virgin website and tried all the fixes with the router it's advised but nothing has improved.

Can you help please??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband is slow

@Justinkbrown wrote:

Hi have been having issues with by broadband for months but due to lockdown have not been able to report it via the call centre as the phone lines have over an hour wait and then I get cut off. Contacted VM via twitter and was advised I had to log my issue here. I have run speed tests and 12mb download speed is the best I am getting and I am on the 200mbs package. I have purchased a tenda nova mesh system to help increase the coverage in my house and that helped slightly but on the whole its no where near as fast as it was in my previous property and I am constantly buffering.

I have been on the virgin website and tried all the fixes with the router it's advised but nothing has improved.

Can you help please??

Could you access your router using http://192.168.0.1/ or http://192.168.100.1 for modem mode . You shouldn't need log in, select the 'Check Router Status' option and paste your 'Downstream', 'Upstream', and 'Network Log' tabs? Please copy/paste this data as text, split between multiple posts (Sometimes you have to click 'Post' twice due to an error message).

Could you please create a BQM (Broadband Quality Monitor) here, and post the live link?

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Good Evening

Sorry to hear you're having slow speeds. 

Are you able to run a hardwired speed test straight from the Superhub3 on a CAT6 ethernet cable if you have one. 

And use either www.speedtest.net or www.fast.com

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Justinkbrown
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

i can’t see the ‘check router status’ I can only see below:

C0C25FC5-B2E8-493C-8E3B-6A4DB78FF7B5.png

0 Kudos
Justinkbrown
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

i have a superhub 4
on Speedtest.net

Download:42.95

upload:20.20

ping: 40

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Justinkbrown wrote:

Hi

C0C25FC5-B2E8-493C-8E3B-6A4DB78FF7B5.png

I think you missed the bit where I said "You shouldn't need log in":

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hub 4, you need to test at >> Sam Knows Real Speed << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:

@Justinkbrown wrote:

Hi

Carl

with the Hub 4 the user sometimes needs to log in to the settings.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@MikeRobbo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Justinkbrown wrote:

Hi

Carl

with the Hub 4 the user sometimes needs to log in to the settings.

There was no mention of a HUB 4, until I saw the screenshot!

In that case they need to access 'Advanced settings / Tools / Network status' once logged in.

0 Kudos
Justinkbrown
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Tried Sam knows and get the following message

”no router found”

I was connected directly with a CAT7 cable 

0 Kudos