Menu
ARG1UK
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Broadband etc

So, what an absolute shambles Virgin are! Having been with them for many years, on the Full house XL and 200mb we decided that for our sanity (More our sons gaming) that we wanted Virgin to upgrade us to 500mb internet but not change anything else.

The upshot is we are now supposedly on the Ultimate ooomph or  Maxit TV - Kids Pack (Whatever that is? any ideas? and they have removed our full House TV (XL). What channels will I miss out on then with that change?

This is not the half of it through, the whole reason for changing was to upgrade the broadband speed, nothing else, we were told the price would go to £109 per month for 18 months. We then get an email saying our contract is for £126.50 per month increasing year on year. Having complained at that they say oh "We will just add an online credit to bring it back to £109" nothing in an email to confirm though!

Having spoken to 2 nice people in the UK call centres (The lady who helped initially and another guy who helped) I am assured all is well, until our broadband upgrade does not happen, and I must call again. After 2 hours on the phone to a foreign land, they cannot get my router/modem to go to 500mb, they try all sorts of the usual crap with the router/modem and it still does not work. " hours of my life wasted only for me to know more than they do! appalling. its the signal coming into the house not any of the hardware nor software inside. I wonder if i will ever get the 500 let alone the free upgrade to 600 when its available

Engineer is booked for Friday to bring 2 new TiVo boxes as they have a habit of re booting themselves then not talking to each other even though they are less than 10 feet apart, and hopefully then can sort out WHY they can’t give me the 500mb connection they have promised.

Appalled at Virgin’s technical advice and even more annoyed that not one person really out of 4 can sort this thing out!

All I wanted was for my TV package to stay the same just upgrade the broadband speed, how hard can it be?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband etc

Account and billing issues cannot be looked into on here.

You need to contact the relavant team by phone.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
ARG1UK
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Its not about billing but about why I am now on a totally diffrent package and why they cant connect by upgraded broadband

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I don't know - why did you accept in taking a different package?

Only you can answer that.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
ARG1UK
Dialled in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I wasnt asking you why

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Then I have no idea on the point you’re attempting to put across.

0 Kudos
ARG1UK
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Quite simple really, why do they need to change a package (Full House to Ooomph) just to upgrade the broadband portion, and why cant they connect it as it should be from 200 to 500

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

because you do not pay for 2 services (internet and TV) you havea package.
the package you have is no longer sold so you can only change onto current packages.
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They probably can but it would cost more.

0 Kudos