cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropping out with engineer working in the area

Cmd_
Tuning in

Hello,
In the south Manchester area M23 for the past 4 days from around 13:00/14:00 until around 19:00 the speed of our connection keeps nose diving from 135Mbps to 1Mbps until the "work" one of your engineers is doing according to the status checker is done for the day.

According to the status checker there is issues with the TV side of things for these past 4 days but nothing showing as an issue on the broadband side though I presume the TV signal (which we don't receive ourselves) is also using broadband ?

I would like to ask if anyone from VM can see when this work is planned to stop ? as this has been recurring for the past few days right in the middle of my work day (I work from home remotely) & the date given you hope it is fixed by keeps changing.

Thanks

vmb.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. on faults/ongoing work and tells you of more local issues and best fix time estimates, - all down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CMD_,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your broadband speeds looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

I have already taken some time to peruse your services on my side just to check things out, sure enough I found that your Hub power level stats are out of spec and could be causing this issue. 

It'll need an engineer to come out and resolve it, I'll send you a private message now to get this done. 

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's Cmd_,

I'm really glad we managed to get this sorted via an engineer visit! 

Please let us know if you do notice a decline again and we'll be more than happy to help.

Our door is always open!

Thanks,

Megan_L