Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Broadband dropping and slow

Hi

Sorry I am really not technical but broadband keeps losing connection and is slower than I expect. We should have 100mbp but are lucky if it gets to 40. When I have my echo device on it keeps disconnecting. Have tried pressing the reset button on the router and leaving off for 10 minutes every now and then. Not sure what to try next. We also have a booster. 

Can anyone help please?

TIA

Screenshot_20201115-185538_Speedtest.jpg

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband dropping and slow

Which Hub do you have ?

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Thanks for taking an interest.  I turned it off for 10 minutes and reset. It went up to 44.2 and 9.14

I have just connected direct with a cable and now it's:

21 ping

61.39 download 

10.08 upload.

It's a Hob 3.0 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish.

Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My BQM 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello again

I've managed to set up the monitor and attach the link as suggested. 

I can't check the router status as below because it asks me to put the router password in and there isn't an option to check status.

It is a hub 3.0  I did try and put the router password in but it said it was incorrect.(It isn't incorrect.  I double checked a couple of times!)

Perhaps I should give it until tomorrow and then take a look at the monitor?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try logging in to the Hub settings again, make sure you use the Settings Password, you will need to set language preference etc.

You can then log out and follow the instructions from above.

Hub-3-Password

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos