Menu
Anne61
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down

Hi 

apparently there is an issue in my area but the sties reporting down time say there are no known issues! However virgin media are saying “they hope to have this fixed by 2.06am” it’s now 7am and they can’t be bothered to provide an update - I’m not sure if it’s just me now or there really is a wider issue - can anyone offer suggestions? I’m working from home so it’s important. If I try and ring I get a recorded message saying sorry you can’t use broadband at the mo then get cut off  

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband down

Hello

Support is not open until 8am so you may have problems getting through.

What does https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status or for more localized issues call 0800 561 0061 fix times are only estimates and some do take longer to get resolved.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anne61
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you - I’ll see how I get on today 

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Anne61 

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear this has happened! 

I can't see any outages being reported on your account, which would suggest this is an issue with your equipment. Can I ask if you have checked all the cabling is in secure and tried a pin hole reset? To do this just push a pen etc into the hole at the back of the Hub with 'reset' above it and hold it in for 30 seconds. 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Anne61
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

thank you for your response.  I’m all up and running again thank you - the issue was fixed Monday afternoon thankfully 

kind regards

anne 

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's great to hear and thank you so much for letting me know! Please don't hesitate to contact us again should you face any further issues. 

Thank you very much again and take care! 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos