Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Stability and speed problems

Hi there,

We have been long term Virgin Media customers and have always had a very reliable and stable broadband connection from you.

We have been on the M350 Package for quite some time and have always found that we get a higher speed that rated. Easily reaching 360Mbps any time of day and 30Mbps upload.

Over the last month we have been facing speed and stability issues, the connection frequently drops out and when it is operating we are getting average speed of 4-8Mbps download and between 1 and 6Mbps upload.

We phoned customer services about this a few weeks ago and an engineer came out and replaced our older white v3 Hub with a newer revision black v3 hub.

The connection seems stable for a couple of days and we were back to hitting 360Mbps download and 30+Mpbs upload however the previous issues facing with the last hub seem to have returned.

To clarify, all tests I have carried out have been with the Hub operating in Modem Mode and attached directly via a Cat6 Cable to my PC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Stability and speed problems

Below is a Screenshot taken tonight using Speedtest.net

Speedtest.net resultSpeedtest.net result

Below is a Screenshot of the Status page from the Hub.

Hub Status PageHub Status Page

Below is a Screenshot of the Downstream page from the Hub.

Hub Downstream Page 1Hub Downstream Page 1Hub Downstream Page 2Hub Downstream Page 2

Below is a Screenshot of the Upstream page from the Hub.

Hub Upstream PageHub Upstream Page

Below is a Screenshot of the Configuration page from the Hub.

Hub Configuration PageHub Configuration Page

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sometimes rebooting the Hub results in the speed going back to normal but this is only temporary and after a period of time (sometimes a few minutes, other times a few hours) the speed drops again or the connection drops out completely.

Would really appreciate if you could provide some advice.

Best regards

Jamie.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Apologise, it appears each time I upload the Screenshots even though they say they are uploading and appear in the post preview, they are failing. I can provide screenshots via email if necessary.

I tried uploading both as PNG and then JPG but get the same issue with each image.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just copy/paste the data onto here. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read but DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out.
If you copy/paste the data, the board software will do the stripping for you (you may need to click the "submit" button a second time for it to send).

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advise John, the screenshots are all appearing now so I assume there was some form of moderation and they had to be approved before they display.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Upstream power levels are maxed out, and that's usually a cause of instability and speed issues.  Hold on here for the VM forum staff to pick this up and advise, failing that you can try phoning it in, but I would recommend waiting because VM use the world's worst offshore call centre.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Andruser, will hold out on here.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi JamieDarani, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry you're still having some issues after having the hub replaced, I can appreciate you're keen to get it sorted.

I did try and have a quick look at the back end of your services but haven't been able to locate an account. 

Not to worry though I'll pop you  a personal message to grab some details and we will get it sorted 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Morning JamieDarani, 

Let us know how the tech visit goes this week. 

Do let us know if you need anything else 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos