Menu
KelseyWilson
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed

Hello,

I am wondering if someone can help. I am working from home but the only device I have on my broadband is my works laptop and phone. I live in a 3 bedroom terraced house and my office is in the room above my hub.

I am getting a download speed of 19.46 Mbps, I have spoken to someone on the phone and they are going to try and send me out a booster - the number I have given is with a booster I have purchased. Surely this can not be right and there must be an error with my equipment? I am on teams calls and it just cuts out completely.

Any help would be amazing.

Kelsey

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed

Are you seeing any "disconnects at all or is it just poor speeds?

What Hub model and speed package do you have?

And are those speed test results done on the wifi in the office? If so what do you get when you move the phone/lappy into the same room as the Hub? And also what speeds do you get if you connect the laptop directly to the Hub by ethernet cable?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @KelseyWilson 

If you have a Superhub3 can you download the Virgin Media Connect app from the app store / google play store and log into it.

Then once logged in you should be able to check the coverage from the modem throughout your house. This will give you a definitive answer as to whether you need the boosters.

Thanks 

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
KelseyWilson
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I have done this and it says great in both places but I have a lot of issues on teams calls. Could this just be at busy periods?

Thank you.

Kelsey

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Once again on ethernet or wifi?

And on the laptop close to the Hub?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
KelseyWilson
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is on WiFi and it is not near the hub but I am on the floor above but the house is small.

Thank you.

Kelsey

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Once again.....

" If so what do you get when you move the phone/lappy into the same room as the Hub? And also what speeds do you get if you connect the laptop directly to the Hub by ethernet cable?"

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos