Menu
JayJay13
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed

We are having continuous issues with our broadband speed, we pay for 200 when actually we are getting an average of less than 50, we have run the speed test app as suggested by Virgin over the last 2 months to get this data,  we have had several conversations with technical and it always results in reboot or reset which solves it for 1-2 days then back down to under 50...it’s impossible to talk to someone who has any knowledge or even cares enough to look into it properly... any suggestions?

we test at different times of the day with different amount of products connected at different times which makes no difference 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband Speed

@JayJay13 wrote:

We are having continuous issues with our broadband speed, we pay for 200 when actually we are getting an average of less than 50, we have run the speed test app as suggested by Virgin over the last 2 months to get this data,  we have had several conversations with technical and it always results in reboot or reset which solves it for 1-2 days then back down to under 50...it’s impossible to talk to someone who has any knowledge or even cares enough to look into it properly... any suggestions?

we test at different times of the day with different amount of products connected at different times which makes no difference 

Create a BQM and post the live link.

It should show any issues, even if intermittent.

Can you confirm if you've tried a wired device?

0 Kudos
JayJay13
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carl 

yes we ran a laptop cabled for 48 hours and got the same issue, I will create a BQM the issue is getting any resolution from Virgin is impossible 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@JayJay13 wrote:

Hi Carl 

yes we ran a laptop cabled for 48 hours and got the same issue, I will create a BQM the issue is getting any resolution from Virgin is impossible 

A BQM is raw proof of your line quality.

It doesn't mean VM will do anything about it, though.

10's of threads recently regarding oversubscription/utilization in areas.

0 Kudos
JayJay13
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So I continue to talk to Virgin technical who over the last 3 weeks have said there is an outage issue, I was told it will be resolved by 18th Jan that came and went and when I called back I was advised it would  be resolved by 26th Jan ... and this morning it’s now been moved to February 11th.... how ridiculous  

0 Kudos