Menu
Stuie68
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed

Paying for m100 only been getting between 4mbps - 30mbps this has been since lockdown. My boys keep complaining there Xbox’s keep lagging and have been reported and thrown out or banned from game because of this. Also watch films now is horrendous can’t watch a film now without lagging. To try to help situation we switch off all unnecessary WiFi but still to no avail.

Grudge paying for something and not getting it.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed

What speeds do you get wired direct to the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Stuie68
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I get full 107.78 mbps and upload 10.08 mbps
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

So just slow WiFi?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Stuie68
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for the post Stuie68.

If this is a WiFi issue we'd recommend ensuring your Hub is out in the open and away from other electrical devices if possible, we also have our WiFi help page here as well as our forum WiFi page

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Stuie68
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeh already done this. Speed came up. But it still fluctuates everyday has been since lockdown. I’ve also went into router and changed settings priorities to both Xbox’s and on 5g.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Through WiFi speed can fluctuate as it is sent through the air rather than a secured wire, WiFi signal can be affected by things such as electrical signals in the home and thickness of walls. This is why we always recommend a wired connection when streaming things such as games online as this has a more secure connection. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos