Menu
Lannie1a
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed

Hi,

I upgraded to 340mbs and I'm lucky to get 83 upstairs and downstairs 100. My box is next door, not actually in my garden, or near the port for my Broadband. I've tried to get through to Virgin, as the engineer who installed said it might need to be moved or my connection moved.  

Tried boosters, doesn't get it anywhere near what I'm paying for and it means everything is lagging and my sons are gamers

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed

I take it you are running the speed tests using a Wi-Fi connection ?

What is your connection speed like using a direct connection with a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other items connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos