Menu
Suttonteacher
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed only 0.36 instead of 100 mbps!

Broadband speed has been appalling the last two days. It should be 100 mb but just done an Ookla speed test and it is 0.36. This is unusable and my husband has to work from home at present. I have rebooted and reset but it hasn't improved! I did try to put on a screen shot here to prove just how low it is but was unable to.

Suttonteacher_0-1585938917519.png

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed only 0.36 instead of 100 mbps!

Good Morning,

Have you tried running a hardwired speedtest?

Wifi Speedtest - If you can disconnected from Wifi on your device and then reconnect to it again, then try running it again but make sure you are stood close to the Hub and the further you go from it you will lose speed.

Any issues drop me a direct message.

Thanks

(If this has been of use please consider leaving me some Kudos and mark my response and useful)

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Suttonteacher
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed continues to be poor and it is now more than 3 consecutive days. Today's readings are 28, 29 & 29 mbps. This is still way under the 50 mbps guarantee for M100 Oomph package. I have reset numerous times. So what help is there? I can't even make a complaint!

0 Kudos
Suttonteacher
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is there a firmware issue as reported in another thread or is Virgin limiting the broadband? I only had Virgin broadband installed since 17th March but the service has been appalling and not being able to actually get through to complain about it and get anything done is the last straw!
0 Kudos
CeePants
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am actually also from Sutton! I also have posted similar issues. (My thread)

My download speed has been fluctuating dramatically and has occasionally dropped out entirely over the last few days. Even when my download speed is high, I have had massive latency and packet loss which has made conference calls for work a challenge and playing anything online impossible. 

(If it helps - my VM connections been mostly fine for the last couple of years, it's only in the last 4+ weeks that I've had issues... so basically since you joined! haha)

0 Kudos
Suttonteacher
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is exactly the problem! Awful broadband speed and no-one to complain to in order to put it right.  My husband is working from home and has had conference calls, I have been doing planning etc (no prizes as to what my profession is) and my son would have liked to have been able to play on-line games but internet too inconsistent/poor. (I am actually in SM6.)

0 Kudos
Suttonteacher
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your input CeePants, it's obvious that there is a problem.

Just done a test, using the site that you used, and I got by far the best I have had the last four or so days!
Download=37.4 Upload=7.2
However, this is still far below 100mbps and, as you said, the fluctuation is a real problem.

Let's hope that Virgin will sort this out ASAP!
0 Kudos
Suttonteacher
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Suttonteacher_0-1586270175247.png

New 'improved' speed. 10 x faster than it was but still way below the 100mbps I am being charged for. Also, this doesn't demonstrate the inconsistency of the service - very wide fluctuations make working (or playing) from home very difficult.

0 Kudos