Menu
VMVJ20
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed Issues

Hi VM Community,

Over the past two days I’m seeing issues with my broadband. Speeds are ranging from 10-50mb when they are normally 200mb.

Currently I have my 3.0 Hub set up in modem mode connecting to two ASUS mesh routers. The set up has not been touched for weeks and we always get 200mb all day and very strong signal.

I have reset all routers and unplugged them but still seeing the same issue.

i tried calling but there are no call centres open so I thought I would post on here. Fully appreciate the challenging times we face but it’s impacting my working day.

one thing I did notice is that if I do a speed test on speedtest.net it connects to different servers none being virgin media?

Any help would be great.

thanks 

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed Issues

Hello,

First of all for an accurate speed test I would disconnect any 3rd party routers and run a speed check directly off an Ethernet lead from your Superhub 3 and run the speed check on either Speedtest.net or Fast.com.

If the speeds are still slow then give the modem a full pin reset which should fix any speed related issues!

Thanks

( I am a Virgin Technician working from home so please consider giving me some Kudos if you feel as though this was useful ).

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Davy81
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Speed Issues

Hi,

I was chatting to someone on this forum yesterday who was having problems with their Asus Lyrica system...very similar they also said they started experiencing issues over the last couple of days.

They may have pushed out some sort of update over the past few days which is causing problems, it might be worth while reaching out to Asus if your getting good performance when connected to the sh3.

Thanks.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more