Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Speed Extremely Slow

Hi all.

My broadband speed is extremely slow. Speed tests show I'm getting 0.31mb/s download speed, at a time when it was working comparatively well. 

I'm using a Super Hub 2, and I saw another post to use router diagnostics, but I can't find the tab to do so. 

The account is in my partner's name, and it's difficult to approach her right now as she has decided she's not talking to anyone, including me. 

According to my router's status page, we've downloaded 56GB in the last 14 days, and it's possible that we have been throttled. However, information I have suggests that throttling is not as serious as a reduction to 0.3mb/s. Or, is that wrong? 

We have a home media package, and I *think* our broadband is officially unlimited. Though, I don't know for sure. 

Does anyone have any advice as to how I can address this problem? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband Speed Extremely Slow

hi check all connecions are tight and try restarting the hub .

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

Virgin media tech here have you tried doing a pin hole reset located on the back for 30 seconds?

Cheers,
Phil

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the replies. I switched the router off for 30 seconds, and also checked the coaxial connections. Now I get 15mb/s. I.e. fixed. 

After reading a lot of articles about the internet being flooded due to self-isolation, I just assumed it was that. However, 'have you turned it off and turned it on again' appears to have fixed it. Does anyone believe me if I say that I have a Doctor of Engineering degree in computer science? 😞

Also, now that I've fixed the internet it appears that my partner is talking to me again. 

EDIT: Just did a second speed test and 100mb/s. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Glad we could help. If the problem happens again there should be a pin hole reset button on the back holding this in for 30 seconds will help you can normally push this in with a pen.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I presume that would do a factory reset. In this case a power down/up cycle fixed it without me having to set up everything again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Glad the fix worked and your back speaking .Happy days.
Not sure what speed package your on but maybe worth getting it all checked out at a later date and possibly a new hub as this is an older one

0 Kudos