Menu
benchapli75
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Issies with Virgin Media

Hello Guys, Im having problems with virgin media broadband since installation. I signed up for the full home 360 package and never got 360Mb internet speed. By contract I was supposed to get at least 80% of the speed and it never happened. Upload is always good, I get the 30+Mbps I was supposed to. They sent 8 engineer to my place already, they all said I have issues with the connection but they could not fix them. Some recomended recabling, other recomeded swapping the router ( they did twice already). But after arguing with them in endless calls for 5 months they refuse to cancel my contract without charging me the 200eur fee. What can I do? Importante info: I work with Networking so I k ow how to run the tests on the wi-fi and Ethernet connections. I never had issues qhen I had the 240Mbps connection. Speed never reached the 360Mbps it shpuld in any test. I ususally turn of the wi-fi when I run the tests and I use a cat6 cable from the router to my laptop with gigabit ethernet card. I just want to get rid of virgin and not paying the fee since the co travt was broken by them by not delivering the speed they should. Im not from Ireland so Im not really aware of what the law says or what would be path to follow to have them really fulfilling their contract. Any help is much appreciated!
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Issies with Virgin Media

@benchapli75  they refuse to cancel my contract without charging me the 200eur fee. 

Are you a UK customer of Virgin Media?  If you aren't then with the best will in the world, our advice may be inaccurate for other jurisdictions, such as Eire.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos