Menu
peteb888
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Coverage in Flat

My Broadband package is Fibre 200.

I am not getting coverage in a flat. When I ran the virgin app to test internet, it said I needed a booster but I could not order this via the app.

I since phoned up Virgin (put on hold for 45 mins), explained the issue, and was told they could get me two boosters but I would have to pay extra - disgraceful.

I am essentially paying for a service and only receiving 50% of it. Virgin - sort it out and stop taking advantage of customers that pay a lot of money for your services.

Virgin customer rep also told me a virgin manager would call back - this was 6 days ago now, absolutely nothing. I despair - very stressful at a time when I need reliable internet for home working - Virgin hang your heads in shame for the way you treat loyal customers.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Coverage in Flat

What is your connection like using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Welcome to the Trials & Tribulations of Wi-Fi

The problem with Wi-Fi is that it can be brilliant at breakfast time and useless by lunchtime and you haven't changed anything, BUT, something, somewhere has changed, then you can spend hours and even days trying to find a fix for something that can be totally out of your control.

If you remove all the internal walls, electronic and electrical devices, metallic pipes and conduits and wrap the whole building in a thick lead shield you will have a good chance of getting decent Wi-Fi from a VM Hub.

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Coverage in Flat

If VM are suppling 200mb wired to the Hub, that's as far as they will go as that fulfils the contract.  They will rent you boosters to help with your wifi at £3 pm, unless you are on the top packages, then they are free.  No ISP will guarantee wifi with a single router as they know that is nigh on impossible. 

That's just the way, unfortunately.  If you need good wifi, you'll need to invest in better equipment, with the knowledge that's it belongs to you and can be used with other ISP's in future.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos