Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband 200 speed

After a visit from an engineer my broadband was fixed, speed up to 213mbps, the next day when i switch my hub back on my speed took a nose dive to 109-113 mbps and has not changed yet,  it seems im getting a 100 package and paying for a 200 package...not on at all, no need to check anything as this was done by the egineeer on the day, all ive done is switch it on or off...!, spoke with customer service about the problem..guy didnt have a clue, wanted to give me wifi booster at an extra £3 per month, then passed me off to a department that would charge me for any repaires done, both guys were hard to understand both we not natives of the UK. Also ive not even had my first bill yet.

Does anyone have answers to my issues, any help will be greatfully recieved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband 200 speed

WiFi speeds are not guaranteed.

Theres also no need to turn the hub off overnight as you’re preventing any potential updates from downloading. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Are your devices actually capable of receiving speeds over ~100mbps?
Assuming they are - test speeds on one connected directly to the Hub by Cat5e/6 ethernet cable to the Hub you put into modem mode.
What does that get?

Wifi is not a good indicator.. For example, my Macbook Air and iPhone7 both get 220mbps on my Vivid200 wifi connection - but only when I put them onto the 5GHz network. Sat in the same spot if I then flick them over to the 2.4GHz network, they max out at 70-80mbps - it's just the limitations of the technology!

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When the Engineer had replaced my hub and set it up, the speed on my samsung tabA was recorded at 213mbps, its my most used device, so its not a device prob its the hub thats reverted to a cap of 120mbps, plus when i sleep i turn everything off, safty first ! An electrical fire is not something i would relish, as a fire would not only be dangerous for myself but my neibours also as i live in block housing !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Again I refer to my instal post about WiFi speeds.

And you really shouldn’t be turning the hub off at night. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi