Menu
Twills143
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broad band

Why does the broad band keep failing I’ve been with virgin for over 20 years and getting fed up with the fact they haven’t sorted there **bleep** out 

constantly going down or low speed 

what is going on 

any body got Richard Branson number so I can tell him what I think 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broad band

Sir Richard has nothing to do with VM he sold them yonks a go to the US giant... Liberty Global - they just licence the name.

Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub do you have and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Twills143
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It seems there’s an issue in our area with the network ( what vm are saying) same old story 
why can’t they sort it out.

it’s not like it hasn’t happened before 

bunch of useless bleeps 

they aren’t interested in sorting issues only taking money 😡

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon Twills143

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the broadband issue. From checking the system, I can see there was an outage which is now fixed yesterday. 

I've also ran a fault diagnostic and it's asked the following;

We need to check the coax cables are securely connected to the Hub 4, to any splitters that are in use and to the wall socket. 

Once the cables have been checked, the Hub needs to be rebooted. The Hub can be rebooted by using the button/switch at the back of the Hub or by turning the Hub off from the mains then turning it back on. 

Let me know how you get on

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos