Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broad band speeds

When i was on 60 mbps I got 60 mbps ...since being upgraded to 100mbps my speeds are haywire 1 day they are a hundred another 20mbps they can change over a course of minutes..i have followed all the online instruction  reset my hub 3 on almost a daily basis it may bring it up briefly but it soon drops again  and sometimes drops out completely. Most nights i will be lucky to manage 30mbps even at early hours of morning. .I have a wifi connect alexa which will then not work my netflix or prime will sometimes buffer. I have tried phoning in but never seem to get through ...I am now getting fed up

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broad band speeds

Which Hub do you have ?

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have a HUB 3....had it a faire while in fact the white power light is no longer white but a yellowy orange . Unfortunately i do not have a device hard wired to my router except my TV  and my TV box. Both of these devices have experienced  connection issues..ie not loading on line content, video streams (netflix etc)  buffering ECT ...My TV failed a software update continuously saying my internet connection is unstable...the TV upstairs which is on my wi fi network said exactly the same. I have tested my devices sometimes the test results say they have a poor connection and say move closer to the router even when in the same room, another time they all get a green tick I do have several devices smart plugs hubs mobiles ECT  but it can also happen when nothing is on ..I have attached screen print of my speeds which you will see are chaotic with no pattern

Screenshot_20201119-230512.jpg

Screenshot_20201119-230502.jpg

Screenshot_20201119-230452.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM do not and never have guaranteed Wi-Fi speed or coverage.

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish.

Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos