Menu
beanieboy182
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Bristol speed test showing terrible slow both up and down? Tried resetting did nothing

speedtest.PNG

Constantly bad speed tests at the moment ?

IS there a problem with bristol ?

I pay for 200mb/s and recently my bill is around £90 for this service.

I have tried to call but virgin is closed.

Tried resetting multiple times actually made the speed test worse then slowly recovered to what the screen shot show.

I've changed nothing in my house for 6 months and the internet has seemed fine till today.

GREAT.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bristol speed test showing terrible slow both up and down? Tried resetting did nothing

Are you testing speeds over wifi or ethernet cable? If wifi, you must test it on a Cat5e (or better) cable connected gigabit enabled device with the Hub put into modem mode. That is what all BB providers promise to deliver. If that's fine, then you just have a wifi issue. if it isn't, try with the device booted into “safe + networking” mode and use a different browser and test at speedtest.net. If it’s still low, you have a Hub or Network problem.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
beanieboy182
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bristol speed test showing terrible slow both up and down? Tried resetting did nothing

i rang them and they told me to do a bunch of stuff

it is ethernet and always had about 220mb/s down and not had issues before and ive not changed anything so its defonately their end but obviously i got some person on the other end saying .....try turning it off and resetting it all (didnt do anything...actually made things worse)

I was then told its my router to which i said no and asked to speak to a manager....manager is going to call me back within 24hours (didnt call back at all and its now 2 days later)

Soooo all in all

virgin doesnt care about my £90 a month.

0 Kudos