Menu
robinpsavage
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Book an engineer please

Hi, we’re paying for 500MB Broadband and we’re getting about 40MB now. We’ve phoned, we’ve emailed and to be honest I’m quite disgusted Virgin Media’s customer service, you should be ashamed. The router was not put in the correct position initially by your engineer as we don’t get a very strong signal towards the back of the house, We also need a stronger signal in the garden as we have my wife’s office is out there, we need this sorted ASAP as we’re both obviously working from home and we just increased our monthly bill to get the super fast broadband, and it’s actually slower than it was before. Can someone get back to me TODAY, otherwise we will be leaving Virgin as you haven’t lived up to your promises in the contract.  

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Book an engineer please

Best to ring VM just after 8am or alternatively you can wait here for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, typically between 5-10 days, sometime sooner, sometimes later depending on how busy they are.

As for your wifi issue, you would probably be better of investing in a decent third party router, that way you can put the Virgin Hub into modem mode and let the router deal with all the traffic. This would give you better wi-fi coverage and if you go for the likes of a wi-fi 6 capable router you would get better speeds. Seeing as the VM Hubs are well known for their lack of wi-fi capabilities you would be better of using your own equipment, especially if you are suffering from poor wi-fi coverage and speed.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@robinpsavage wrote:

The router was not put in the correct position initially by your engineer as we don’t get a very strong signal towards the back of the house, We also need a stronger signal in the garden as we have my wife’s office is out there,

It is not Virgin Media's responsibility to choose location of equipment or how it connects to 'your' devices, Virgin only covers the connection to the hub itself, after that its your responsibility.

@robinpsavage wrote:

we need this sorted ASAP as we’re both obviously working from home and we just increased our monthly bill to get the super fast broadband, and it’s actually slower than it was before. Can someone get back to me TODAY, otherwise we will be leaving Virgin as you haven’t lived up to your promises in the contract.  

Virgin do not do call backs and the wait time on here for support from Virgin Staff is anywhere between a few days to a few weeks.

You need to call them up, however based on what your saying currently, you trying to test over WiFi which is not acceptable and not to mention the fault if not related to WiFi interference is likely congestion related due to everybody working from home and those issues do not fix very quickly at all.

If you would like some help trying to troubleshoot your issues then we can help with that.

Otherwise best bet is to call 0345 454 1111 at 8am sharp.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
robinpsavage
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

5 - 10 days is disgusting don't you think?  I seriiously wish I never upgraded and left instead. You can't get hold of ANYONE it's so bad. I've no idea about modem mode and how that works? I'm a plug and play kind of guy, not too techy when it comes to routers and modems?

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@robinpsavage wrote:

5 - 10 days is disgusting don't you think?  I seriously wish I never upgraded and left instead. You can't get hold of ANYONE it's so bad. I've no idea about modem mode and how that works? I'm a plug and play kind of guy, not too techy when it comes to routers and modems?

If your service is in fact affected by issues outside your control then Virgin will let you leave if you wish.

Unless you can connect a computer or laptop to the hub by Ethernet and test the speeds that way e won't know if this is a WiFi issue or a virgin network issue.

See if this helps you at all https://www.virginmedia.com/help/fix-an-issue

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos