cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blink Doorbell Clip Upload Failed

Prso9
Dialled in

Hi,

I recently bought a Blink Doorbell and Sync Module 2.  I've been back and forth with Blink support over the last 2-3 weeks as 98% of the time I am getting the error, Clip Upload Failed.  Although I get this error, some clips are uploading each day, just not them all. So Blink have had me factory reset both the Doorbell and the Sync Module and reboot my router,  but I still get the error. They've asked me to check my upload speed, which on 2.4ghz, I get 21mbps which is more than enough to upload several 10-30 seconds clips.  They've also questioned the age of my router and also the packet loss.  Is VM able to run a report on packet loss?  The uploads have failed anywhere between 0043-0642 and then between 1643-2346.  Or has anyone else had the same issues and managed to fix it?  The Sync Module is literally 10cm away from my router.

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Hero

You can run a packet loss test using the link below : -

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

Note a small packet loss at the Hub is normal, the Hub will perform retries to solve that.

Focus on the packet loss at your computer or phone ... N/A means no loss i.e. it is working fine.

Hi, So packet loss seems to be fine.  Does anyone have any experience with Blink Doorbell Sync Modules and why the clips fail to back up?

Screenshot_20230514-145941.png