cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday upsell not actioned.

Farle1240
On our wavelength

I received an email last week which said the following. 

Black Friday has landed and with it, an unmissable offer. Just. For. You.

Speed up your broadband from M350 to M500 for only £6 £3* extra a month for 18 months (£6 thereafter). That’s a 50% saving right there. And with your faster speeds you can do loads more of the stuff you love, loads faster.

It won’t be around forever though. Grab it before midnight on 27th November. You can cancel anytime with just 30 days’ notice.

I decided to accept this offer so did so at the beginning of the week. I received a confirmation email but as yet it’s not been added to my account. 

I did go on WhatsApp to ask and after waiting for hours for a reply I was told they couldn’t ‘match’ that price and it would be £11 more. I don’t think they understood what I meant, despite sending screen shots etc. 

I just wanted to know when I can expect the upgrade to kick in?

5 REPLIES 5

charlespwc
Joining in

I am so upset. They said my order is not accepted. I only got so called "Pre-Contract documents". Maybe they only target new customer and any deals for existing customer is just a lie.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Farle1240.

Thankyou for bringing the Black Friday deal to your attention.

As much as we would like to help on our Community.

Any package related queries are beyond our support scope.

Sorry you will need to contact our customer service team by calling 0345 454 1111 or 150 if you have a landline with us.

Gareth_L

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From....

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/black-friday-deals

Screenshot 2023-11-19 at 14.59.37.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yeah but no but yeah but no. There are clearly new customer Black Friday deals. There are also existing customer Black Friday deals. How else to explain the passage from the VM email to the existing customer OP stating "Speed up your broadband from M350 to M500"? 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Hey DrinksMenu, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Are you having an issue with an recent upgrade?

Please do let us know so we can look into this for you. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?