cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday Speed Boost (Existing Customer’s) Still waiting!!

antthomas32
Joining in

61121FF8-96F9-40B8-9E7B-F853CBE39252.png

So I received a email regarding a broadband speed boost for Black Friday, (see image).

I took the offer as it seemed a bargain plus it was just a add on which meant i could cancel it if I didn’t want it plus I didn’t have to have a new contract.

I then received a email later on…

96CCEC51-0A08-490A-9C27-57D0CBB59A7C.png

 since then I’ve heard or seen anything regarding the speed boost, my speed is still the same. I spoke to customer service about it and at the time they didn’t know about any Black Friday deals! 

Very bizzare! 

anybody had the same issues? 

13 REPLIES 13

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What speed package are you on?

If 100 or 200 - there was an automatic upgrade for all customers to 125/250- and was "FREE" mine applied fine - didnt have to do anything

Yours looks like a different off though not sure why it didnt go through

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hello, 

I currently have 500mb, was hoping it would boost me to 1gbs for the extra £6 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you sure it hasnt ?

Look in the Hub settings for the Configuration data file. Look in the Downstream Max Data Transfer Rate box - whats the number in there - its in bytes

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi antthomas32,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forum.

I'm sorry to hear there have been some problems taking a Black Friday offer through an email you've received. I've had a look on our side, and have identified the problem.

I'm going to send you a private message so we can assist in resolving this. Please look out for it in the top-right purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi antthomas32,

Thanks for your private messages regarding this issue over. I'm glad we've been able to identify the problem and get this fully resolved for you.

As mentioned in our message, if you do need anything else, feel free to pop back to us and both our team and community will be happy to help out.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

hello i seem to have the same problem too. any help?

Hi A2GMAN

Thanks for your post - sorry to hear you're experiencing the same issue.

We can see that you were able to speak with the team yesterday regarding this, were you able to get everything sorted?

If not, there may be a slight delay with the influx of upgrades we'll have had, so the backend team keying in the order may have put this through for you now.

Let us know

Beth

ive just given up on the offer i was ment to get. it not only got too confuseing but was a absoulte mess. was not happie with not getting the speed i wanted. 

I'm so sorry to hear this @A2GMAN this is not what we would want for you. 

Can I ask what the team have stated when you called?