Menu
LongwellMatt
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Best use of Ethernet Cable

Hi All

I’m just wandering for those who are much more tech minded, how are you best using Ethernet cables to provide consistent speeds etc? 

Are you running from hub to family TV for streaming, or to another specific device? 

I have Apple TV which I use for streaming Netflix etc but just want to make sure I’m optimising speed and quality of service when streaming etc.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Best use of Ethernet Cable

If you can connect with ethernet cables use them, they give a far better connection than Wi-Fi will ever do.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
LongwellMatt
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike.

Do you run from router into your TV? 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

for me f it has a network port its using a wired network
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes.

I run run an ethernet cable from my Hub 3 (in Modem Mode) to a Netgear Router, from there to a couple of switches and then out to 5x PCs, 1x TV & 3x V6 TV Boxes.

The Wi-Fi from the Netgear services 4x Phones, 2x Tablets & 2x Laptops.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:
for me if it has a network port its using a wired network

Yes, +1 for above.  Everything I have with an ethernet port is wired.  I even bought the ethernet adaptor for the Fire TV stick !

WiFi only for portable equipment.  🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos