cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad upload speed

Dannilad
Tuning in

Hi all,

Been having issues with my upload speed the last few days or so. I've been thinking it's probably because everyone is at home hammering the Internet, but yesterday I tightened all the cables and the upload speed improved. Done the same tonight but nothing is working. Download speed is around 200Mbps, but the upload speed I'm only at 0.8-1Mbp if I'm lucky.

I can't see if there's a general area fault and I've tried all the suggestions from Virgin's support team regarding resetting my hub etc.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do from my side or am I stuck until tomorrow when the support number is open?

Thanks.

36 REPLIES 36

Okay, thanks both for your help, I massively appreciate it.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
When the next Tech visits - dont let them leave until you reboot the Hub, let it initialise (5') and look at the upstream data (with them looking over your shoulder) and check all qam's are at 64 and the Up powers are in range! If not then you will need a "Senior Tech/Team" visit to investigate why its struggling

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yeah, perhaps I've done myself a disservice by not checking it first. I'll have to get another Tech round and be more vigilant and insistent with it like you said...

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Dannilad,

I will speak to you privately again 🙂

Many thanks, 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

As an update:

Another engineer came out. Router stats were all good, all qam's were at 64. Power is in the correct range, however now as I'm writing this the speed has once again dropped off the edge of the earth.

Screenshot_20220108-222539_Firefox.jpg

This is a screenshot of the stats right now. My speed should be below also.

Screenshot_20220108-222757_Speedtest.jpg

And just in case, here is the BQM.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/9e2267d88a415e3d39a6c3d6aa763c52ad...

Getting kind of ridiculous now 😕

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dannilad,

I'm very sorry to hear that your issue is still ongoing. 

Our colleague has received your Private Message and will respond to you as soon as they can. Apologies for any delays.

They'll be able to assist further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs