Menu
jamesbernhard
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bad service / very slow

Back in Feb (2020) I complained of outages and slow speeds (2-6Mbs down | 20Mbs up | hardwired with Cat6 | varying outages of about of about 15s per min to the odd hour or so but the small outages are constant), an engineer was books and came 4 days later. He said that the main cable between my outside-box and the local exchange box needed replacing (apx. 60m away). He said that this would be scheduled to be done within a few weeks - This never happened.

I rang again on Thursday (18th June) they said they would ring me back as the department needed was shut (this never happened), rang again on Saturday and the person said they will get this sorted by the middle of next month. I have received an text from Virgin confirming that the connection team will be attending this Thursday - I hope they can fix this issue.

Now I have been paying for 200Mbs for the last 5 months and I'm getting around 2-6Mbs (less than that of 4G)! I do of course appreciate things are not quite normal right now!

I would like this to be resolved fast and I would like to be compensated for the past 5 month as I am not getting the service I'm paying. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad service / very slow

Compensation is only payable on a total loss of service and not for network faults.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jamesbernhard
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but the tech guy I spoke to at VM has confirmed I will get compensation once the issue has been fixed and signed off. Also I beleave VM are part of the Ofcom compensation scheme which states:

"New broadband compensation rules introduced. From 1 April, customers who report internet outages that are not fully fixed after two full working days will receive £8-a-day automatic compensation paid as a refund on their next bill if their provider is signed up to the new voluntary scheme."

Souce - https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/03/virgin-media-worst-for-broadband-outages-as-automatic-compensat...

I wrote this message here as when I Tweeted VM and they asked me to raise the issue again on this platform - I dont now why! 

Many thanks for your fast replay.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@jamesbernhard wrote:

Thanks but the tech guy I spoke to at VM has confirmed I will get compensation once the issue has been fixed and signed off. Also I beleave VM are part of the Ofcom compensation scheme which states:

"New broadband compensation rules introduced. From 1 April, customers who report internet outages that are not fully fixed after two full working days will receive £8-a-day automatic compensation paid as a refund on their next bill if their provider is signed up to the new voluntary scheme."

Souce - https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/03/virgin-media-worst-for-broadband-outages-as-automatic-compensat...

I wrote this message here as when I Tweeted VM and they asked me to raise the issue again on this platform - I dont now why! 

Many thanks for your fast replay.

You’ve not got an outage though. You’re still connected and have speeds etc.

An outage means zero connectivity.

This is a network fault which isn’t covered under that compensation scheme. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
jamesbernhard
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gary,

However I'm paying for a service I am not getting, VM have already confirmed I am entitled to compensation (may get the ombudsman invoice if not!). 

I appreciate your trying to help but this original message was only posted at the request of VM from Twitter to get the right support teams involved and not the general public who do not work for VM. Again, seems like a strange place to be asked to post rather than on a direct support platform, but hay i'll do anything right now. 

As for my outages, they are 15s for every minute and also several hours of each day - I have been using a 4G router connected to one of my Unifi Switches when this ones down. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Speeds are advertised as “up to” speeds for that reason - any slower speeds are covered under the “up to” term - ergo you’re still getting your “up to” speed 🙂

This is a community support forum. If you want help from a forum team member who works for Virgin then you’ll need to wait for them to get to your post.

It could take them a few days - don’t bump your post either as it’s against forum rules as well. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jamesbernhard,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've been having some issues with the service. 

gary_dexter is correct in what he's advised in regards to loss of service credits, I'm sorry for any confusion in what you were advised. 

I've run a test on your account and it has identified performance issues that a technician will need to resolve. 

I've sent you over a private message so I can arrange this for you. (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos