cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad WiFi Slow TV

LesGre
Joining in

I am so bored of slow WiFi and TV boxes. It’s been going on for months. WiFi patchy throughout the house, on demand, Netflix all incredibly slow if work at all. Recently we lost all access to our demand getting through to anyone was an issue in itself engineer didn’t show up, was hung up on, just general bad service. Managed to fix one TV over the phone by pin resetting the modem. Other box still didn’t work engineer came out. Although it worked again before he turned up he tested our signal and said what was coming into our house was slow! Tested the box further up the road and said another engineer would come out to test/fix dunno if they actually did. Temporarily it was like a dream things just worked. Roll on 2 weeks and I just want to bang my head on wall we’re back to the same crap service. For all the money we pay what can we do? Do I just phone and say we’re leaving again just to get to speak to someone? It’s infuriating! 

2 REPLIES 2

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @LesGre 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the broadband issues. 

I have done a diagnostic and your downstream levels are at the lower end of the specification. You need a technician visit which I'll book in.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @LesGre 

Thanks for joining me on PM and providing me the details so I could book in the technician visit for the power levels. If you need to cancel/amend this can be done via your online account. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill