Menu
aidy1972
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bad Speeds during bad weather

As title suggests, have reported situation before and without any attempt to contact me via the number VM have to contact me (guessing they tried disconnected landline!) they closed case as resolved.  I'm currently in a chat with VM but posting this as I might need to send chat a link for image purposes.

really?really?

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad Speeds during bad weather

I've approved your image. It is showing now. Not an uncommon problem, having a missing cover for the omnibox where the VM cabling enters your home. Very unlikely that this is anything to do with slow speed or connection problems. 

The guys that operate the phone lines and the chat service have no access to this Forum to see anything.

Certainly the omnibox issue needs attention.  The VM team here can arrange that for you. Wat for their response in this thread.

But looking at your posting history the last thread was from you in late 2020 where you reported resolution of the issue. So what is wrong now? Short accurate description please and we'll advise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
aidy1972
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Dropping connection, slow download (For package) and VERY poor and inconsistent uploads.

The post you mentioned, exact same trouble. Happens all the time. End of tether. Infuriating.

Have reproduced steps from before, late 2020 but still a shambles of a connection.There's the ProblemThere's the Problem

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good morning @aidy1972 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your connection. 

A few question if a may 

• Do you still have the broken Omni box? 
  • Is the speed test that you have run via a wired or wireless connection? 
  • What speed are you currently subscribed to? 

Kind regards

Zak_M

0 Kudos