Menu
stoffle
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BS11 dropping connection

I can't seem to get through to a human on the telephone just to report this.

It seems like an issue outside rather than indoor connection or my virgin hub.

I've also noticed that after performing a speed test that my ping is 14ms which has doubled since last time a checked.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b9d63a4658e057a449d5f6c35fafdfd4fd...

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: BS11 dropping connection

You haven't said, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

Also, have you checked first for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
stoffle
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The internet connection dropped all together. I have checked the known network faults. It's back online now but not sure if it will happen again. It's a Hub 3.0. I also posted a link where you can see that the connection dropped. I tried uploading hub information but it's not letting me post it here.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @stoffle

Thanks for posting and apologies for the broadband issues. I was glad to read it was sorted on Thursday but I've not been able to locate your account from the forum details provided to see if everything still fine - do let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
stoffle
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your response. I was going to clarify that everything is fine but the connection dropped just now and I do seem to get the odd spikes going by the link to the graph in my original post. I'll pm you with my account number.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi stoffle

Thanks for your reply however please do not send a PM unless asked too.

Okay so I've checked the levels and all in spec, no outages or anything. 

The connection dropping - is this happening on wired/wireless or both, also when the connection drops do all connections drop at the same time?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos