Menu
NinjaMeerkat
Dialled in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

BB upgraded but no difference to download speed

I upgraded last week from M200 to M350 but my download speed has not changed. My upload speed did change to over 35mb last week but this week it is back to just below 20mb.  I use speedtest.net and have tested multiple times at different times of day.  I have checked the router is setup for the upgrade which it appears to be, I am testing over a wired ethernet connection.  I have rebooted the hub3 as well.

GiBB_l
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: BB upgraded but no difference to download speed

same here, we just upgraded from M200 to M350 (it was only yesterday but still thought i’d have a browse of the forums) and haven’t had a speed increase at all yet. just waiting for my sister to finish up with her uni call then going to reboot everything and see if it helps. can you let me know if you get your speed to increase, thanks 👍🏻

0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
Dialled in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

My issue could be the Asus router i am using, hub3 is in modem mode, as I get near 100% cpu utilisation when running speed test.  I will test using the hub3 in router mode.

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Try turning of QoS and Gaming mode on the Asus router if you have them 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
Dialled in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks....QoS is already off, I saw something about turning off DoS in the firewall settings but that made no difference either. I need to grab a chance to test the speed with the Hub3 only.
0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
Dialled in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I found the problem. I have an Asus router which needs HW acceleration for WAN speeds over 200mbps, once enabled I now get just over 350mbps download speed.

0 Kudos
GiBB_l
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

how did you enable that

0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
Dialled in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

On my Asus router HW acceleration is enabled by default but some functions, when they are enabled, turns it off. In my case I was using device based traffic monitoring which when turned off re-enabled HW acceleration. Another router feature that disables HW acceleration is QoS but I wasn't using that anyway. What make is your router?

0 Kudos
GiBB_l
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

i have the AC86U as the main router and a AX56U that is in my room connected via AI Mesh. 

0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
Dialled in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Log into your main router and go to Tools/Sysinfo and look in the network section, is HW acceleration enabled?

0 Kudos