Menu
GazM
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Awful stability

Only just had virgin in 8 days and ready to rip it from the wall and cancel direct debit... 1 minute I can be getting 112mb which is what I pay for... the next it drops to as low as 1mb. Rang their call centre in Pakistan to be passed from department to department, to the IT help desk which was actually closed so call ended. 

Absolute nightmare...

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful stability

They don’t have a call centre in Pakistan.

What are you speed testing with?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
GazM
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Testing with what virgin recommend... speed test.net. different devices... directly beside the hub. 

2 kids at home due to covid trying to share 1mb download is not good...

Also hub light remains constantly at green and not white as it should be 

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You've agreed to a contract (presumably a one year term?), if you cancel the direct debit VM will treat this as a credit default, putting a big brown smear on your credit history file for any company to see in future, and VM may pass the debt (including exorbitant early termination fees) to a debt collection agency.

You can sit it out as usually VM get these hiccups fixed, although at the moment it could take weeks to get a technician back to visit.  Or you can exercise your right to cancel without penalty within 14 days of going live.  As you say you've had the service for 8 days, you're now down to six days before you're contractually locked in for eleven and a half months.  Question for you (i don't need the answer, you do): If you do cancel, what are you going to do for a new ISP?

At the moment getting through to VM is VERY difficult.  By all means try phoning, particularly first thing in the morning, but don't be surprised if you can't get through.  If you want to avoid being locked in to this contract, you may want to consider writing to cancel by post (section M of the VM terms and conditions), making sure you send the letter Special Delivery so it should get there next day and you'll have proof of delivery, even if VM don't process it within the fourteen days.  You could hedge your bets in the letter, and state that if VM can agree to fix this promptly you'll stay, but this is only on the basis that your right to cancel without penalty carries forward to 14 days from the company attempting to fix the problem.  Then, if VM can't or won't fix it, you can cancel.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
GazM
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The big brown smear can join the rest of them on my name 😉😉

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So do you want help?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
GazM
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

if any help can be given ill take it... But apps showing I only have a TV package and no TV or Internet... the helpline told me I have no TV installed...  at a complete crossroad after only 8 days of frustration. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What speeds do you get wired direct to the hub?

Since these are the only accurate measurable (and guaranteed) speeds, not WiFi. 

0 Kudos
GazM
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've not done a wired test 😳

0 Kudos
GazM
Joining in
Message 10 of 11