cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting Speed Increase Following Contract Change

goodbodyj
On our wavelength

I signed up to a new contract last week which included a speed upgrade from 50Mbps to the heady heights of 125Mbps.

So far this hasn't been implemented.  Logging into My Virgin Media shows me as still on 50Mbps and that's what the modem config shows too.

If someone from Virgin could give things a nudge, that would be great!

Screenshot 2023-03-27 22.29.20.png

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Hero

Whenever we have a speed change a restart of the Hub is require to pick up the new configuration file.

Usually the Hub configuration file is updated a few days before the Virgin Media online account.

On the Configuration tab your looking for Downstream >> Max Traffic Rate :  143750047 = M125.

This issue is ongoing and is not resolved by restarting the hub.

Just spoke with a member of the Virgin team on the phone and she's done some great work trying to sort this out.  We're not quite there yet but hopefully will be soon.

No need for input from the online team here.

Thanks.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi goodbodyj 👋

Thanks for posting and welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear your speed increase hasn't been processed. Depending on how you upgraded, you may be required to accept the changes directly via Email/SMS by accessing the Pre-Contract Information that is sent at the time of changing your package. If this isn't accepted, the order would not continue until done so.

I've had a look on our side, and can see you've spoken with our team, who have been able to assist you with this. Please do let us know if you need anything else and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad to hear that the team was able to support you further on this @goodbodyj 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley