Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Area 21 Upload Issue

Is anyone else in Area 21, specifically East London E11 experiencing terrible upload speeds i.e. less than 1.0Mbps? Download is still fine at over 100Mbps but bad upload makes remote working very difficult.

I've been told there is a fault in the area - a broken line causing noise on the line but there is no fault listed in the service status.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 21 Upload Issue

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 21 Upload Issue

John,

Thanks for that. Unfortuantely the service status number didn't yield anything at all, in spite of virginmedia.com/servicestatus showing an issue due to be resolved today. The My Virgin Media app also doesn't do anything. I got an e-mail an hour ago saying that the issue was resolved but again still showing as outstanding on the service status website.

I finally got through to someone today after an hour wait - I tried TWICE on Friday evening and got cut off after an hour each time which is so frustrating.

They said there is a technical call booked in for tomorrow which was seemingly arranged when I called last week, but I wasn't aware. If the issue still exists they will arrange a engineer to come out and visit. And they can't book an engineer when there is something already outstanding case. Why they can't update the outstanding case today to say there is an issue and book an engineer is beyond me.

If anyone from Virgin sees this can you please contact me as there are multiple avenues for complaint and I will be taking them to Ofcom if not resolved very quickly.

0 Kudos