Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Area 21 - Upgrade to 200 Mbps - Service Now Terrible

Was notified of a speed upgrade on January 9th - but since then broadband goes down 3-5 times a day and very slow 7 -10pm . Is this affecting all of Central London? Please undo the upgrade - as working fine for last 3 years ! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 21 - Upgrade to 200 Mbps - Service Now Terrible

Firstly set up a BQM at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal coming into the property, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing.

Then

Type 192.168.0.1 into your browser URL bar and press enter.  When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’. Copy and paste the contents of each tab onto here, a Guru will be along in the not too distant future to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 21 - Upgrade to 200 Mbps - Service Now Terrible

I am also Area 21 and since the upgrade between 7 to 11pm the download and upload speed has been "shocking" am on the full 550 down 35 up which works fine during the day but once it get's to 6:30pm onwards it's terrible, high pings, non-existant upload and 2 to 4 mb downloads !! my thinkbroadband quality monitor is just RED.

0 Kudos