cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area 15 broadband issue

lavinpachi
Just joined

Hello, I live in area 15 (N7) and we have been having serious internet issues for over a week now. Is anyone else experiencing the same? We cannot work properly and I can't get through to anyone at Virgin Media...

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @lavinpachi,

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch with us here on the forums.

I have been able to locate your account and can see that there is currently an SNR(signal to noise ratio) issues in your area, you might also find that alongside your broadband issues your  Voice and Virgin TV services could be intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

The current estimated fix time for this issue is 18th October at 3pm under reference F009330370.

Regards,

Steven_L