Menu
Harryo
Up to speed
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Applied for HUB Upgrade online failed!

Some weeks ago I applied for a HUB upgrade to replace my existing "Super Hub 2ac (VMDG490)".

The application was by completing a Virgin Media online form which I completed, on completion a message stated that they could not process the order and requested that I phone a certain number which I no longer have.

I was unable to follow-up the ordering procedure as I have been in hospital and have only recently returned home, I had no access to Wi-Fi or a decent Mobile phone signal whilst hospitalized although Virgin Media was able to bombard me with numerous 'Voicemail' advisories!

I have checked for 'Outstanding Orders' but no new HUB is showing, any advice please on how to obtain the latest HUB?

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Applied for HUB Upgrade online failed!

is your 2ac faulty - i ask as the hub3 is not really any better most say - it can help if there is a utilisation problem in your area as it uses more downstream channels which may improve things - apart from that if you are getting the speed then their is arguably little to upgrade for

if your problem is poor wifi the hub3 is unlikely to improve things

give a few more details

Tony
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Don't waste your time phoning, the lines are busy and this (presumably) isn't urgent.  If you wait a day or two the forum staff will pick up your message and can probably get a new Hub mailed out to you.  If there's a utilisation issue in your area you might get a Hub 4, but as Tony says, the wireless capabilities of all VM hubs are mediocre, so you won't see much benefit on that front, and there's no reason for most customers to prefer a Hub 4 over a Hub 3.  The Hub 3 has at least had most of the bugs ironed out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Harryo
Up to speed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your quick response Tony. I only applied for the hub upgrade after reading an article which mentioned that the latest hub was an improvement over previous hubs.

I am not experiencing any problems with my existing 2ac which is used in 'modem' mode and is connected to my Asus 87U router.

I just thought that with the latest software and technoloy recent hubs would be an improvement.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Harryo wrote:

Thank you for your quick response Tony. I only applied for the hub upgrade after reading an article which mentioned that the latest hub was an improvement over previous hubs.

I am not experiencing any problems with my existing 2ac which is used in 'modem' mode and is connected to my Asus 87U router.

I just thought that with the latest software and technoloy recent hubs would be an improvement.

as said if all is good then leave things as they are - dont risk fixing something that is not broken

Tony
0 Kudos
Harryo
Up to speed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Andruser, from what you and Tony have said there might be no advantage in having the latest hub over my existing 2ac hub.

As mentioned previously I only use the hub in 'modem' mode and do not rely on its Wi-Fi capabilities, I have just purchased an 'Honor Router 3' Wi-Fi 6 Plus Router hence my interest in the latest hub to try a new combination.

Although this will now be on hold whilst I recover from my recent illness.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@harryo

I hope you're up to full speed health wise very soon.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Harryo
Up to speed
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave, your comment was very much appreciated.

0 Kudos