cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else had the 1gig Upload Speed boost yet?

markzuken
Joining in

Saw a few posts on here and the VM Community page saying they were receiving boosted upload speeds on 1gig, later confirmed by Community Staff that they are implementing upload speed boosts but have no set plan in place for it. So I'm just wondering if they're still rolling it out...slowly lol

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

With millions of customers, VM will be rolling this out on a phased delivery. Patience is a virtue 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi markzuken 

I hope you don't have long to wait for your upload speed increase.

Some background info on the speed boost.  Not all areas will receive the speed boost immediately.

The following was posted as update from Virgin on 23rd May.
/ispreview.co.uk/virgin-media-o2-uk-confirm-upload-boost-on-500mb-and-1gbps 

"We wanted to get more clarification on the rollout timescale above, which has now been provided. “We’re currently testing the upload speed increase and will officially start rolling it out to all M500 and Gig1 customers from next week (June 1st) with completion by the end of the year,” said a spokesperson for VMO2 to ISPreview."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali