Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Anyone else being told they have Super Hub Performance issues

Anyone else getting told that the recent issues are dues to performance issues of their HUB and need a new one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone else being told they have Super Hub Performance issues

Yes, received a replacement and that was not the issue
First course of action, login to the Hub and look at the connection speed of the devices
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They keep telling posters here who complain of slow speeds to reset their routers: but I'm getting my full 200Mb/s first thing in the morning and close to it at weekends, but during office hours it goes down to about 10Mb/s: so it's plainly not the router, but that their network simply is not coping with the increased demand.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have been having issues for the past 6 weeks on and off have the BMQ running constantly showing latency and dropouts, my Archer router also has its own speed test with history so I have a pastern of the issues.  In my case its general above 170 on my 200 package but I get frequent dropouts where everything is out for a few minutes.  Also when the speed drops like it did after yesterdays dropouts it stays dropped for days..  Currently its 70-90Mb over the last 24 hours.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there my name is Pawan Paul I am a virgin media technician I can see you have having problems with speed there was an outage recently across the country maybe that could have been the issue. I can give you a few tips such as make sure all the connections from the hub to the isolater are tight if not try resetting the hub from the back.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Your saying that same outage would affect me today?  Thats interesting.

My connections are good nothing has changed at my end in the last 2 years 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm convinced that the issues that caused the national outage are now returning.

I had issues with my connection dropping out due to my router resetting a few times a day, I booked a technician to come around to look at things then my issues stopped. I then saw in the newspapers that Virgin were experiencing a national outage and were fixing the problem.

This is the old problem returning I think.