Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Amazon firestick

Hi 

i bought a amazon fire stick, when I do a speed check I’m only get 8mbs it may vary but max 8. All my other devices are running at max speed up to 300mbs. I bought a connection of amazon that connects the firestick to my modem, but still cannot get a good connection speed wise. Can anyone help me with this issue 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon firestick

if everything else is OK it must be the fire stick. How are you testing the speed from it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the Firestick ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am doing the speed check off the fire stick itself because of lag/buffing that keep happening thanks for the reply 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I didn't ask that ...

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the Firestick ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Where would I find hub settings ?  I logged into my router and it said 100mbs beside my firestick 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Is that in the 'Connected Devices' page ?

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yeah 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The Amazon Firestick is capable of getting 100Mbs.

Try the speed test at another test page such as >> speedtest.net <<

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The speed of the internet isn’t an issue the fire stick isn’t receiving the speed the internet is providing the fire stick is connected directly to the modem 

0 Kudos