cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Broadband Speed Free upgrade download speed poor

romasz
Tuning in

Hi

After receiving free upgrade from M200 to M250 email from Virgin I reset router as instructed ..

Prior to this my download speed was 214mb/s upload 20mb/s

Now Upload speed is 25mb/s  but download is anywhere from 2mb/s to 100 mb/s and every

value in between....come on Virgin this is poor service you just cant come along and wreck

what has been an excellent service for years ....

Please resolve this issue ASAP ...

Frank

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try this
________

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

keljon1
Joining in

did a reset sort this issue for you? i have the same problem but my router is in modem mode so its a pain to have to reset it for nothing.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello keljon1,

Thank you for posting to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your broadband speed. 

Can you please expand on the problem you are having and we will do all we can to help?

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi

Sorry for late reply....after chasing and many text exchanges with someone who is working

from a flowchart...I left it for a while and all ready to do battle I find that msteriously

the issue has resolved instelf  no full reset or anything ..downlod now 274mb I can only guess they found the issue

and to save face did not share with me...

Dealing with Virgin is not easy ...

Thanks for your help...Frank

"anywhere from 2mb/s to 100 mb/s" - might that just be a failing network cable that was de-rating from 1000 to 10/100 speeds ?

Hi romasz, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating your thread. We're really pleased to hear the issue was resolved and you're now getting better speeds. 

Please keep us posted on how things continue and if you have any further issues - you know where we are 🙂 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs