Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After 24 years, Its time to go,

andrewmm
Fibre optic

With the service getting worse and worse over the last years 

the prices going up an up,

I had long chat with "virgin" , wanted a lower rate and a reliable service,

they offered me a "special deal" for 6 months,only twice the current price that a new subscriber is getting for 18 months !

So thank you Virgin, started with NTL world at 64 Kb/s in 1999, which was reliable, now have 350 Mb/s , that may or may not be working, useless for work from home days as its so unreliable. 

Amazing virgin cant even pull a fiber through their ducts, but still stick to this evidently  un reliable radio over coax stuff. Promised FTTP in next 7 years !!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well there we go, nobody has ever, ever accused VM of having good customer services, on the other hand they do seem to have perfected a knack of crashing in with a brain-dead, not properly considered comment, almost as if they are outright trying to antagonise customers - odd way to run a business but whatever!

The answer is in your original post, yes after 24 years, indeed you need to go elsewhere, what you might see as ‘loyalty’ VM’s corporate culture sees as ‘mug’. So unless you actually put in a disconnection request, you’ll get nowhere, because they simply see you as a cash source, and you will continue to be so until and unless you kick off!

And in that event, they’ll probably move themselves and sort something out - or possibly not!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

26 REPLIES 26

grumpywurzel
Dialled in

Unfortunately VM, like most companies, do not value their existing customers. They rely on idiots like me that dont bother to shop around, unfortunately I dont have any other choice, unless someone decides to pull a decent fibre connection through to the South West.

Good luck with the new provider

Viper-t
Fibre optic

Same been since the 90's but there customer service is nearly as bad as there terrible service and weakening infrastructure. I am currently taking them to court after winning a cisas case last year, there lies which has again been caught on audio tape otherwise they just lie to your face now blatantly, telling customers there is no fault even though its in black and white and backed by experts and engineers alike. This is why they are bottom of almost any isp poll on ofcom for years as they don't care about there target subscribers, look what happened to bud light when they take that approach. I've received vile customer service and lies provable throughout. I feel your pain I hope you move on to much greater companies who value there customers not just there new ones. Bud light 101

CraigT1976
On our wavelength

Same Here! Started with Telewest/Blueyonder around the 2000's. Just waiting for my contract to expire in September then I'm off to FTTP via City Fibre. 

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey andrewmm, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I have run some tests and I can't see any major connection issues.

We would be sorry to see you leave, if you need anything in the meanwhile please do reach out. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

@matthew_ml, you say  "cant see and MAJOR connection issues"

So how much does a connection issue have to be to be Major !

is dropping a call once per day OK, how about twice per day due to drop outs ?

Well there we go, nobody has ever, ever accused VM of having good customer services, on the other hand they do seem to have perfected a knack of crashing in with a brain-dead, not properly considered comment, almost as if they are outright trying to antagonise customers - odd way to run a business but whatever!

The answer is in your original post, yes after 24 years, indeed you need to go elsewhere, what you might see as ‘loyalty’ VM’s corporate culture sees as ‘mug’. So unless you actually put in a disconnection request, you’ll get nowhere, because they simply see you as a cash source, and you will continue to be so until and unless you kick off!

And in that event, they’ll probably move themselves and sort something out - or possibly not!

Hi Andrewmm,

Thanks for coming back to us on this thread, I understand you're frustrated with the situation and with our findings.

I have taken a second look into your diagnostics tonight however I could not find any connection issues. 

However, if you still feel there is an issue with your connection could you give us a little more detail into what this is please? 

• Slow speeds. 
  • Intermittent disconnections. 
  • WIFI drop outs when far away from the Hub. 
  • Wired drop outs only on one device. 

There could be many other variables, so please give us a little more detail so we can try to help further.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thank you for your time. 

Your continued interest is very re assuring. .

may be th eminutes you looked showed nothing

this is the BQM from then

bqm.JPG