Menu
F1Hydro
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Account upgrade / change

Why is it as an existing customer I have to pay £58 for a worse package than a new customer? Why are existing customers penalised in this way? So I pay £58 for M100/TV/Landline  and a person I work with gets M200 with similar TV and Landline, I think its the Omph Bundle at around £39, now the part I'm interested in is the doubling of my current internet speed, but as an existing customer I was offered the M350/TV/Landline at £60!!. 

Why can't I simple get the same as a new customer?

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account upgrade / change

@F1Hydro wrote:

Why is it as an existing customer I have to pay £58 for a worse package than a new customer? Why are existing customers penalised in this way? So I pay £58 for M100/TV/Landline  and a person I work with gets M200 with similar TV and Landline, I think its the Omph Bundle at around £39, now the part I'm interested in is the doubling of my current internet speed, but as an existing customer I was offered the M350/TV/Landline at £60!!. 

Why can't I simple get the same as a new customer?

Because you’re not a new customer!

It works like this, VM (and they aren’t alone in this), sign up new customers on a ‘special deal’ for a year which earns them next to no profit, but bank on most people not bothering to change providers after this time so they make their money on ‘loyal’ (and I really do hate that phrase) customers staying with them 
after that time.

VM are a commercial entity and exist to make a profit (and every other company on the planet are the same) so if you don’t like the way they have chosen to operate then you are free to leave and find another provider, who may well operate the same. The entire system is geared to having customers switch providers every year or so.

0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account upgrade / change

Hi @F1Hydro

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I do apologise for the inconvenience, our new customer deals are exclusive to customers taking these via the website. Everyone's a new customer once and has the opportunity for new customer offers but they will pay the same as existing customers once these discounts run out.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos